Course DescriptionThis workshop is mandatory for newly elected Tax Commissioners. Chief Deputy Commissioners will be allowed to attend on a first-come, first-served, limited availability basis.
The Institute of Government is transitioning to a new registration system which is being used for this workshop. Following are some steps to guide you through the process:
- Click on the Single Registration button to start the process. The course will then be added to your cart, and you can proceed to Checkout.
- After reviewing your cart, click on Checkout again.
- You will then be taken to a page where you will have the opportunity to login or create an account. Select the I am a new user option and enter your primary password. Click Create Account to proceed.
- NOTE: All users will need to create an account in the new system.
- If you have an existing student record with the Institute of Government, it will be migrated and merged with the student record you create in the new system. The merge activity will not complete until January.
- Complete the User Profile form:
- In the Address and Telephone section, be sure to select the correct 'Type' (e.g. 'Office') from the drop down selections.
- In the Employment Information section, enter at minimum your Employer and Job Title.
- Optionally enter demographic information.
- Select your preferred Marketing Opt in and Privacy options, and click the boxes to indicate that you have read and understand the privacy policies.
- Once completed, click Continue Checkout.
- On the Payment page, select 'Credit Card' as your payment method. Note: Payment by credit card is the only option available when registering for this course online. If you are unable to pay by credit card, you will need to download the mail-in registration form from the website and send the completed form, along with your check made payable to the University of Georgia, to the address printed on the form.
- Complete the Questionnaire at the bottom of the form to let us know about any dietary restrictions or other special needs.
- Check the box at the bottom of the page to confirm that you have read and understand the policies regarding registration and payment.
- You will then be directed to a page where you can provide billing information. Once completed, click on the Process Payment button to finalize your transaction
You will receive several emails which will be directed to the email address you provided when setting up your user profile. The sender name on the emails will be email@example.com.
- New Account notification; password action required (Subject line: Vice President for Public Service and Outreach New Account) - This email is being sent because you set up a new user account in the registration system. The email will include a link that you must click on in order to choose a password for future access. Please take immediate action upon receipt of this notice.
- Enrollment confirmation (Subject line: Carl Vinson Institute of Government Enrollment Notification for 'Your Name') - This email provides verification that your enrollment has been received and processed.
- Receipt and confirmation (Subject line: Carl Vinson Institute of Government Confirmation) - This email provides a transaction receipt and details of the course you enrolled in, including the cancellation and refund policy.