Contact Michele Jurkiewicz 404.463.6804
All certifications have a deadline of December 31 of every even year to meet continuing education (CE) requirements. The two-year reporting period begins January 1 of the odd year and ends December 31 of the even year. No CE is required in the calendar year the certification is earned. For those certified one year but less than two during the reporting period, 1/2 of required hours must be earned during the initial certification period.
HOURS REQUIRED BY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Budget and Financial Management Certification Program - 6 hours every two years
Charter School Financial Management Certification Program - 12 hours every two years
Library Financial Management Certification - 12 hours every two years
Local Government Finance Officers - 15 hours every two years
ACCEPTABLE PROVIDERS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION ARE AS FOLLOWS
• Level II courses (if Level I certified) offered by the Carl Vinson Institute of Government Financial Management Program
• Elective courses offered by Carl Vinson Institute of Government Financial Management Program
• Financial management courses offered at the semiannual Clerk’s meetings
• Georgia Government Finance Officers Association live webinars (for members only)
• Georgia Government Finance Officers Association annual conference sessions
• Financial management courses in the Certified Public Manager Program offered by the Carl Vinson Institute of Government
• Human Resources Online course offered by the Carl Vinson Institute of Government
Beginning January 1, 2017, for those who do not meet the biannual continuing education requirement by December 31 of every even year, certification will lapse. In order for certification to be reinstated, the individual must complete the required continuing education for the period(s) for which certification has lapsed. As an alternative, the individual can pay to take an examination to reinstate the lapsed certification. Reinstatement will only be awarded if the examination is passed.