This course is one of a series of four internal control courses designed primarily for state and local government employees who require knowledge of basic internal controls. The other three internal control courses offered in this series include Internal Controls—Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts, Internal Controls—Payroll and Internal Controls—Capital Assets.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
* Understand Internal Controls definition and components
* Recognize the importance of Internal Controls and the limitations
* Utilize effective Internal Controls of accounts payable and cash disbursements
* Report and correct Internal Control deficiencies
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Level II Finance Officer Certification : Electives