Please note there are two methods to register for this course. Click the Single Registration button to register and pay online. To request an invoice, click the Single Registration button, and then select Checkout. Log in with your account information. Under payment method, select "Request for Invoice." Once you click this option, you must then select "Company Invoice" under Choose Payment Method. You will receive an email with the invoice attached.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to
- discuss the Fair Labor Standards Act and its role in government payroll issues
- recall the steps involved in the payroll process
- discuss how to document payroll changes
- discuss insurance benefits, pension plan benefits, sick/disability pay, and workers’ compensation benefits
- recognize different components of the federal and state unemployment tax programs
- recall the objectives for payroll
- define segregation of duties
Credits: Participants will earn 7.2 CPE, .6 CEU, 6 Contact Hours
Attendance Policy: Our classroom training requires attendance during all parts of the instructional program. Instructors are required to take attendance and cannot approve student absences during class time. Please carefully consider your schedule when selecting class dates.
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Who Should Attend? This course is for local and state government accounting and financial reporting professionals and others responsible for oversight and administration of a local or state government’s finances.
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
University of Georgia, Carl Vinson Institute of Government, is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org
Contact: For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact Sue Joe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Level II Finance Officer Certification : Elective Courses