0804 - Wassaw Island Beach Exploration
Spend time with marine educators exploring the North end of Wassaw National Wildlife Refuge. We’ll anchor a Carolina skiff along the shoreline and hike along the northern part of the island looking for seashells before sampling the surf for cool marine animals using a seine net. Children 10 years or older are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
The trips are limited to 8 participants for a fee of $50 per person. Names and contact information for each passenger as well as an emergency contact information is needed for each passenger.
When you register to the right for any available session, select "Single Registration" to reserve one seat or select "Reserve Multiple Seats" to reserve more than one seat. On the next screen, choose the number of people you would like to register. If you exceed the maximum capacity, the system will let you know.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 912-598-2335.
- Participation does not include entry into the UGA Aquarium.
- All boat activities are weather-dependent and require appropriate and adequate footwear and clothing. Footwear should be closed-toed and expected to get wet. Crocs are not acceptable.
- As this activity involves physical exertion at different points in the exploration, all participants should be capable of walking up/down steep dock ramps, hiking short distances in sand up to 1/2 mile, and exiting/entering a boat stepladder while in thigh deep water.
- UGA boat captains reserve the right to cancel boat programs in the event of unsafe weather conditions. In the event your trip is canceled or needs to be rescheduled, you will be notified prior to your trip. No refunds are provided unless captain cancels and an alternate date cannot be scheduled.
- Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to social distance and wear face coverings inside campus facilities.