0311 - Paralegal Certificate
We have encountered a problem
We have encountered a problem. Please see the message below for information.
The Paralegal Certificate Program will prepare you for a career as a paralegal, giving you the skills you need to secure a position in the industry. The instruction is practice-oriented and relates to those areas of law in which paralegals are in high demand. Students will be trained to interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, prepare legal documents, and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation. Watch the Course FAQ Video
Class format: Find the right option for you
All formats are designed and updated to remain on pace with the current industry and are taught by working paralegals. Whether you prefer to learn 100% online around your schedule, through the interaction of instructor-led live lectures, or at your own pace via our online flex, we have an option for you.
No matter which option you choose, the Paralegal Certificate Course© offers you a high-quality education by providing the fundamental skills you will need to succeed in today’s world of paralegal professionals.
Click here to quickly compare course formats.
The following texts are available to order from CLS by BARBRI. Some of the texts may be available in libraries, but most students prefer to own these texts because they are great references even after the course has ended.
- Paralegal Career for Dummies, 2nd Edition. Hoboken: Wiley Publishing, Inc., 2019 by Scott A. Hatch and Lisa Zimmer Hatch.
- Paralegal Certificate Course© Workbook, Golden: CLS by BARBRI, 2010 by Margaret J. Kirk.
- Legal Document Preparation Manual for the Paralegal Certificate Course©, Golden: CLS by BARBRI, 2013
- Introduction to Paralegalism: Perspectives, Problems and Skills, 8th Edition. Clifton Park: Cengage Learning, 2016 by William Statsky.
- Federal Civil Rules Booklet, most recent edition, Dahlstrom Legal Publishing, Inc.
- Uniform System of Citation (aka “The Bluebook”), most recent edition, Harvard Law Review.
Highly Recommended Legal Resources:
- Oran’s Dictionary of the Law, 4th Edition, by Daniel Oran. Clifton Park: Delmar Cengage Learning
For more information, visit the CLS Online Bookstore.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Paralegal Certificate : Paralegal Certificate