The Institute of Government has transitioned to a new registration system which is being used for this training. Following are some steps to guide you through the process.To Register online and pay by credit card (preferred):
- Step 1:
- Create new user profile. ***When creating a new user profile you may receive a message that a user name already exists in the new system which was migrated from the old system. If you receive this message you will have an opportunity to request a new password.***
- Important for creating a new user profile:
- Please DO NOT create a new user profile if you have previously attended CVIOG or other UGA Public Service and Outreach events.
- Each registered participant must have a unique email address. The same email address cannot be used for multiple registrants.
- In the Address and Telephone section, be sure to select the correct 'Type' (e.g. 'Office') from the drop down selections.
- In the Employment Information section, enter at minimum your Employer and Job Title.
- Optionally enter demographic information.
- Select your preferred Marketing Opt in and Privacy options, and click the boxes to indicate that you have read and understand the privacy policies.
- Step 2:
- Once you are logged in, select ‘Geek Trak’ or ‘LGCIO’. You can preview the session schedule for each track by clicking ‘Session selection information’ under each option.
- Let us know if you’re a first-time attendee and fill in any specific accommodation requests.
- Confirm cart and click ‘Pay and Register’.
- Enter credit card information.
- Your conference sessions will be automatically selected based on the track you chose (either Geek Trak or LGCIO). ***Your sessions are not confirmed until after you have entered your credit card information.***
To Register by mail and pay by check:
Complete this mail-in registration form (also attached to the email announcement from CVIOG), mail in the form with the check payment to the address listed on the form.
You will receive several emails which will be directed to the email address you provided when registering/setting up your user profile. The sender name on the emails will be
- (Applicable to new users only) New Account notification; password action required (Subject line: Vice President for Public Service and Outreach New Account) - This email is being sent because you set up a new user account in the registration system. The email will include a link that you must click on in order to choose a password for future access. Please take immediate action upon receipt of this notice.
- Enrollment confirmation (Subject line: Carl Vinson Institute of Government Enrollment Notification for 'Your Name') - This email provides verification that your enrollment has been received and processed.
- Confirmation (Subject line: Carl Vinson Institute of Government Confirmation) - This email provides details of the course you enrolled in, including the cancellation policy.